Monday, November 12, 2018

Babe Ruth Receives Presidential Medal of Freedom Award

Babe Ruth Receives Presidential Medal of Freedom Award


My name is  Linda Ruth Tosetti, and II am granddaughter of Babe Ruth, newly named Presidential Medal Of Freedom recipient.  I want everyone to know  for 37 years I and I wrote letters seeking the honor, as I got to the idea from my mother, Dorothy Ruth Pirone, his blood daughter.   My mother one morning said "Call the White House, I think your grandfather deserves the Medal of Freedom."  As always a dutiful daughter,  I did just that and got an address.  I looked for Senators and Congressmen that might  help us achieve the goal.  We wrote hundreds of letters from President Reagan and all the way to now.   Always getting form letters back from the White House that he was being considered.  On one it said file is full!   A friend of mine, his very young son years ago said if he got to the White House he would help to get medal for Babe.  Well the small boy grew up and works in the Washington D.C.!  He helped the cause a lot. 

I promised my mom on her deathbed in 1989 that I wouldn't give up.  I am so grateful  To  President Trump,  I am speechless. Thank you does not sound like enough.  You helped me fulfill a BIG promise to my mother.   My husband Andrew, who supported me all the way.  To all supporters that have helped me along the way, thank you. 

My grandfather quoted the following;  “You can not beat a man who never gives up."  It fits here.  I will tell you this I believe, my mom's laughing in heaven and saying "we did it" and that a proud and humble Babe would say, "Thanks Prez”

No comments:

Post a Comment